Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was contacted by an individual from the Federal Trade

Customer Question

I was contacted by an individual from the Federal Trade Commission/Gaming Commision. He said that I was a winner in a sweepstakes drawing. I know there are scams going on. The individuals name is ***** *****. He said he is located in WA DC. The phone number he gave me is(###) ###-#### ***** also said that the State of Washington has put a Luxury Tax on the sweepstakes winnings. Is there a possibility that this award from the sweepstakes is valid? or that the luxury tax imposed is real. I would appreciate any information you can give me on this issue. I have also been contacted by an individual, ***** *****on, who says he is with Wells Fargo Bank and that I have qualified for a loan. Is this also legitimate or a scam.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 6 months ago.

Good morning. Do you recall even entering a sweep stakes?