How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 18356
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I incurred dental expenses in Oct. and Nov.,2015. I paid the

Customer Question

I incurred dental expenses in Oct. and Nov.,2015. I paid the $766.01 bill on Jan. 21, 2016. The spending account co., ADP, put it under FSA 2016. I made numerous calls and On Mar. 31st, the cutoff date it was correctly taken out of 2015 acct.; however, they left the the same $766.01 on the 2016 acct. with date of services as Jan. 24' 2016. They have had message on website to validate the claim and we just received a letter stating they are cutting of our spending card as of June 24th. They stated they had contacted us several times; the prior two were only contact by them. I have sent two faxes, 2 snail mail letters, 1 email from their website, and 3 customer service calls. The last call the gentleman explained back to me the problem(s) and new exactly whatnneeded to be done and assured me within 3-5 days it'd be fixed. I refused to complete a survey to earn him points until problem was solved. He was angry and completed call abruptly. Now 4 days later, I see The 766.01 was taken out of 2015 and incorrectly put in 2016 meaning we are losing a lot of money. I have tried to talk to someone in claims or the customer services representative's supervisor but they will not allow it. What do I do? Is there a regulatory agency?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact NYS Flexible Spending Account and file a complaint. Click on the link below for contact information:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.