Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I incurred dental expenses in Oct. and Nov.,2015. I paid the

Customer Question

I incurred dental expenses in Oct. and Nov.,2015. I paid the $766.01 bill on Jan. 21, 2016. The spending account co., ADP, put it under FSA 2016. I made numerous calls and On Mar. 31st, the cutoff date it was correctly taken out of 2015 acct.; however, they left the the same $766.01 on the 2016 acct. with date of services as Jan. 24' 2016. They have had message on website to validate the claim and we just received a letter stating they are cutting of our spending card as of June 24th. They stated they had contacted us several times; the prior two were only contact by them. I have sent two faxes, 2 snail mail letters, 1 email from their website, and 3 customer service calls. The last call the gentleman explained back to me the problem(s) and new exactly whatnneeded to be done and assured me within 3-5 days it'd be fixed. I refused to complete a survey to earn him points until problem was solved. He was angry and completed call abruptly. Now 4 days later, I see The 766.01 was taken out of 2015 and incorrectly put in 2016 meaning we are losing a lot of money. I have tried to talk to someone in claims or the customer services representative's supervisor but they will not allow it. What do I do? Is there a regulatory agency?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact NYS Flexible Spending Account and file a complaint. Click on the link below for contact information:

http://www.flexspend.ny.gov/contactus.asp

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.