Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I want to sue Idrive my information confidential,and also

Customer Question

I want to sue Idrive for making my information confidential,and also tried to pull more dollars from me instead of the actual price.I had a conversation with a representative for a discount when it is 37.50$ I have requested for 32 and they said they can't go beyond 30$ and I was disappointed with the reply I want to register online but suddenly my laptop started showing 65$ instead of 37.50$ I refreshed the website many times,at the same time in my friend laptop it is showing 37.50$ despite we refreshed the whole website many times still both the laptops show unique price I had a conversation with a representative and explained the situation she had come down for 30$ for the Drivers license exam
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they said they can't go less than 35$
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us about this situation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to know is my case valid can I go for a sue,how can I get a clear understanding of this and how much can I sue the company for,I have enough evidence I have took the video and screen shots of the same website that conducts the exam

Thank you for your reply.

You are describing breach of contract, which entitles you to actual damages (damages you can prove) and it also seems to be an unfair and deceptive business practice which can entitle you to three times the damages plus attorney's fees for their conduct.

So, you can prove that they did not do as they promised, so if you can prove the value of everything they caused you to lose, then triple that for unfair and deceptive practices, you can sue them for all of those damages, plus your attorney's fees.

This is an actual damage type claim, so you have to prove the actual costs you incurred from their practices and you can sue them in small claims for that damage.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it also stealing be my credit information because i do transactions online that also got to be compromised because the price 65$ is only visible in my laptop and also stealing my IP information cause nowhere in the world it can be like that for every laptop user there is an individual price,mean while I am an intrnational student they tried to cheat me because they thought I have no clue about the price

Thank you for your reply.

If they are also stealing your credit information, you also need to report this to the state attorney general's office for them to investigate and also to the US Secret Service, since they handle theft of credit card information.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's not a 2$ difference it's almost 20$ difference.. it's not about the times of money I am going to get,being an international student I am paying more taxes than an average american,if I don't have security for my money in united states,even though if I get just get 600$ along with lawyer fees for this issue there is no point in going for it,because lawyer fees covers the most of it.. what options do I have?

Thank you for your reply.

It is about their fraud and unfair practices, I get it for sure. You can sue them for all of that in small claims court and seek to get all of your money back, plus damages for their unfair practices as well. You should sue them in small claims court for up to triple damages on top of the money they owe you and you do not need an attorney for small claims court.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you so how can I put my case in small claims court,what are thr process I need to undergo for this

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a link with the information to sue in Texas small claims (justice court): http://texaslawhelp.org/issues/consumer/small-claims-court

Also: http://www.tyla.org/tyla/assets/File/HowToSueInJusticeCourt-SB0119E-1013_Web.pdf

You go to your local county court and ask the court for the small claims forms for you to fill out and file.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
one final thing will this case be valid can I win the case according to the situation which is exactly what happened.. if I win how much can I sue maximum?

Thank you for your reply.

You can sue in Texas up to $10,000, but you can sue only for your actual damages you can prove plus 3 times that for unfair practices.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but there is no actual damage happened because I haven't paid a penny.. I see that fees is 65$ instead of 37.50 before I register in my laptop and tried to know about the case.. if I being a victim hasn't suffered or lost any money

Thank you for your reply.

I thought they actually took your money. If you did not suffer any actual loss then legally you cannot sue because you have to prove you suffered some loss of money.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the personal damage has happened..because they tried to charge me more money,they made my data compromised they have checked into my details if not why on earth would it be showing 65$ only in my laptop instead of 37.50$

Thank you for your reply.

You cannot sue if you did not suffer any ACTUAL loss though, that is a requirement to file suit against them. All you can do in that case would be report them to the Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit for investigation.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ohk thank you