Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My home security never performed the services that I was

Customer Question

My home security never performed the services that I was supposed to receive my original contract 2 1/2 years ago. When I tried to get them to install two new cameras, they said that it was going to cost $20 per month. So I decided that I wanted to use another provider, and I tried to cancel. They claim that since I never had the equipment installed, they no longer have to do it for the current price. The never informed me as the contract states of any price increases. I want what I was originally promised in the original contract, which they didn't perform because at the time the were not able. So I would like to know my rights as a consumer regarding this contract. Can I cancel without penalty? Are they still liable to complete the contract as I signed it???
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Since they breached the contract it is no longer enforceable by them, assuming that the parts they didn't do would be considered "material" and I think they would.

The problem is these companies never want to let anyone out of their agreement. My suggestion is to go to a local lawyer and have him send them a threatening letter. If that doesn't work then your only option is to sue or wait for them to sue you and then defend it under a breach concept but that can affect your credit.