N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

RECEIVED A CHECK FROM COMPANY CALLED BILLTRUST FINANCIAL FOR

Customer Question

JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Received a Check for 3,750.00 from a Sweepstakess lottery that said I was a second class winner in their lottery of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars the Check of 3,750.00 would cover the cost of processing also after i made the call to 1-***-***-**** the agent told me to deposit the check and call him back afterwards so he could start the process of sending a courier with the two hundred and fifty thousand dollar check to me a congratulations was noted on the letter by Alice Dubery Promotion Manager. also that the processin fee is 3,400.00 which the $3,750.00 check sent to me would cover Lottery Resources Management & Payment Verication BILLTRUST FINANCIAL INCORPORATED.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: they said in the letter We are pleased to bring this official notice which confirms you as one of the 2nd prize winner in the second category category of the European,African and USA Consumer Sweepstake in conjunction with USA Department Stores The serial number 81149 attached to your name,matched the first five lucky numbers and subsequently won you Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Dollars.
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: My State is Illinois
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

This is a scam and you can report it to your local police department, see

http://kcbbb.blogspot.com/2014/02/scam-alert-liberty-financial-services.html

People do not win lotteries without buying a ticket, and real lotteries never ask the winner to pay for delivery of the winnings.

I hope this information is helpful.