Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I have a fairly confusing ridiculous situation going on with

Customer Question

HI there - I have a fairly confusing ridiculous situation going on with my car which as hit while parked and unattended and the insurance company and body shop are doing extremely shady activity - my life has been a living hell for the past month since I walked up to my car smashed up on the side of the road. A note was left by the Insured of LIberty Mutual who did the accident and both the insurance company and now the body shop are both trying to take extreme advantage of the situation and are trying to screw me out of the money owed to me after appraising the vehicle and deeming it a total loss. I am powerless in the situaion and need help asap.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your situation.

You would need to file complaint against the insurance company with your State's insurance commissioner for this unfair and deceptive practice and let the Commissioner investigate the insurance company and assist you in getting what is rightfully yours.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.