Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I voluntarily surrendered my vehicle to title max on may

Customer Question

I voluntarily surrendered my vehicle to title max on may 18th. I've asked them twice to pick up the car but they refused. My apartment complex is going to tow the car for no plates. I understand it's a non recourse loan and I've paid them over 3000.00 for a 900.00 loan. Should i let it get towed or drop it off to titlemax?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If you let it get towed then the towing charges are going to be accumulating on you. Take a witness with you and drop it off at Titlemax. You may also want to get a local attorney to draft a letter for you to drop off or mail at the same time explaining that you are "surrendering" the vehicle to them. That way you have documentation and if they then get it towed you can fight the towing charges.