Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

I'd like to know if I can get my traded vehicle back from a

Customer Question

I'd like to know if I can get my traded vehicle back from a delearship? Thing is that I'm on a 36 month lease, payments are higher and is been 4 days since my trade in. I live in Florida.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I wanted to go to another dealer to see what my options were, but my dealer pleaded with me not to go. I told him that wasn't really happy with the amount of my lease payments.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

What is the reason that you want to undo the deal?

.

Is there something wrong with the vehicle?

.

Or have you just changed your mind about the lease?.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think I can manage making the lease payments. I recently put money into my traded vehicle, had a/c issues and on top of that was toll I had an oil leak on it. I have twins 1yrs old. My old vehicle finance payments were in a comfortable range, which I was able to have few things fixed. Now I found a inexpensive way paying for those issues. My dealer wasn't allowing me to see want other options were. Not happy with my purchase.

Ok, this is the part of the job I hate... giving a customer bad news.. Unfortunately once you sign the contract you are stuck because it is legally binding the instant you sign it. Unless there is something in the written contract that gives you the right to cancel, then there is none. And I haven't seen a lease contract yet that has a right of rescission in it..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the horrible news I feared to hear.I appreciate your time.

You are welcome...even if the news is lousy..

.

I am sorry that I didn't have better news for you..

,

.