Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I purchased furiture in late Aug to early sept 2015 it was

Customer Question

I purchased furiture in late Aug to early sept 2015 it was delivered 10.9.2015. From day one there was something wrong with it.the lve seat had a damaged console padding on console padding heas rest and arms. And the Right side love seat also and a bad recliner. It took toll Dec 5 2015 and 6 tripa to the Sims Furiture were it was purchase and talked ro several salws people including Peter. Who waa able to Joe the severman to have parts ordered and pickup for repaired. Waited till Jan 2 2016 when i called to see if it was ready i was told by Joe He could have delivered to me by 1.5.2016. Now furture about 6 months old now they are saying irs stained i am saying its wearing and the right side arm area the wood is spit. Simes aenr out Fast furiture to repair they are also the ones that said it waa stained. Southern Motions furiture company in Mississippi said they can not get between Sim and the me. Is thier anything legally i do. I am now so upset with having to deal with Sims i dont even want the furiture in my home any more.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can indeed sue the seller for breach of contract/warranty and seek damages against them for the cost of the sofa. You can take them to small claims court and seek damages without an attorney and you would sue them for the costs of the furniture and delivery charges. They have a duty under warranty to make repairs or replacement in a reasonable time and failure to do so is a breach of that warranty.