Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I recently lost my husband. He was and on Medicare (part A

Customer Question

I recently lost my husband. He was 69 and on Medicare (part A and B) and Humana. His clinic has billed Humana but NOT Medicare. They claim he did not have Medicare. I sent them a copy of his card and stated I was disputing this bill. In speaking with Medicare they have indeed NOT billed them. What can I do to stop them from sending this to collections?
They want $400 per month, I am on Social Security and cannot afford that. I have made payments, however, now they have sent me another statement that I owe $800 this month. I feel like I am being harassed. Is there anything I can do to get them to charge Medicare?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

If the provider will not submit a claim voluntarily, you can file a Medicare claim yourself as a last resort. You could submit a Patient’s Request for Medicare Payment form to your Medicare carrier. You must send bills or receipts for the service along with the form. Claims submitted in this way may take much longer to process than they would if they were submitted by your provider.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

The biggest problem may be that his provider does not want to wait for the claim to be processed and it wants to be paid posthaste. If that is the case, you may have to hold them off as long as you can.....or try to arrange a payment schedule you can afford until the Medicare payment comes in.

Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!