Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

I received a notice of civil action summons filed. It is

Customer Question

i received a notice of civil action summons filed. It is for a debt collections. I have to respond or contact the lawyer not sure how to move forward I want to arrange a payment plan.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a problem. The first thing you should do is file an appearance form for yourself (pro se) in the court action. That will prevent a default judgment from being entered against you. When you send a copy of the appearance to the attorney who filed the suit, you can also include a note that you'd like to speak to him/hdr to make arrangements for payment. That will get you a phone call from somebody in the lawyer's office where you can discuss where you go from there.

Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and we only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.