Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I brought a car was financed and now they are telling me

Customer Question

I brought a car was financed and now they are telling me that one of my jobs is telling them that I dont work there but they have the check stubs from there. I put a deposit down of 500.00, they have my child support information and my full time job information. So now i feel like I would have to bring my car back what should I do. Need advice.
Thanks
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Why would your job tell them that you don't work there? Were you terminated recently?

.

Has the dealer told you that your financing has been denied?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure but one job told them I worked there (I have 2 jobs) and the other one I told them that I work prn ( as needed). So now I don't know what to do and no the dealer ship is not saying anything at all
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The only thing that Gm financial is saying that the dealer ship will get in contact with me

Ok, at this point, there is not really anything you can do but wait to see if the finance company approves or declines you. I don't like it when dealers give the person the car before they are approved formally because if they get declined, then they have to return the car or find financing through someone else. It makes it more difficult for the buyer because they might have already gotten rid of another vehicle and if they can't get financed, then the dealer will repo the car, sell it, and can hold them liable for any deficiency.

.

With that said, if the dealer contacts you and tells you that financing was denied, you may have to find financing elsewhere or accept a higher interest rate from them to be able to keep the car.

.

.

thanks