Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

Can I use car dealer sell a car with a broken windshield? :

Customer Question

Can I use car dealer sell a car with a broken windshield?
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I bought a used car paid for it and then I went to pick it up it was raining very badly and we went to get gas and I saw that someone show was cracked, the next day I called the car dealer he said he would take care of it, a few days later no response for him so I drove up there and again he is shored me That he would get it fixed, as of today I have heard nothing from him
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thank you very much
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

As a general rule, yes they can sell a vehicle with a broken windshield. The only exception is if it is broken to the degree that it won't pass inspection.