Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My son bought a used pickup from Stanley in OKC,

Customer Question

My son bought a used pickup from David Stanley in OKC, unfortunately "as is" drove it 3 days & service engine light came on took it back & they offered to fix it if he paid 1/2 the cost, after 3 weeks & $1200 he got it back yesterday. This morning driving to work the service engine light came on again. He is out over $18000. Is there anything he can do?
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: he talked to a friend, ***** *****man
but not formally
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I am just frustrated for my son tho he is old enough to fend for himself. My husband bought a $40000 pickup from David Stanley and also had a bad experience. Don't think much of the dealership
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. Did the seller make any representations to your son when he bought it? I know you shared that it was bought "as is" so he takes it in its condition but I did not know if he had a chance to inspect it or if he was able to determine if the problem existed prior to him buying it and the seller hid this