TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Would you be charged 4.000 dollars up front before filing a

Customer Question

Would you be charged 4.000 dollars up front before filing a lawsuit against citimortgage for fraudulent practices?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If you're asking whether an attorney would require a $4000 retainer up front before filing a lawsuit, then the answer could certainly be yes. Every attorney can decide for themselves whether nor not to require a retainer, and how much it would be, but it is certainly not uncommon to require a retainer of a few thousand dollars prior to starting any legal work such as filing a lawsuit.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!