Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I signed a contract to lease a Toyota in Massachusetts. The

Customer Question

I signed a contract to lease a Toyota in Massachusetts. The dealer called and told me he could not finance it two weeks later, we have the signed lease agreement and they are saying we need to pay 4600 or get a co signer, what recourse do we have if the cosigner falls through, we do not have 4600. They knew about our credit upfront.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question..When you entered into the lease contract, was it "pending financing" or "on approved credit" or "subject to credit approval" or anything similar like that?.Or did the dealer guarantee you a set price without any conditions about having to run it through a credit agency?.Is there anything in your paperwork that says "lease spot delivery agreement"?..thanksBarrister