Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I won a court judgement. the person hasnt paid me but

Customer Question

i won a court judgement. the person hasnt paid me but according to some mutual peoe we both know, it has been said she received inheritance. can i take her back to court and file to get her to pay? garnishment? or am i just stuck?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
you can file a motion to enforce the judgement and ask the court to put a lien on any accounts or property or order a wage garnishment. You file in the court that granted the original judgment.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. this person is known for lying, so i doubt the inheritance is real. but from what i gather, inheritance is public record
Well if it was probated and was awarded to them then it would be public record, but if it was not done through the court then it would not necessarily be part of the public record.