attyadvisor, Lawyer
Experience:  28 years of practice consumer protection law

Question on nj surcharge from 30 years ago

Customer Question

question on nj surcharge from 30 years ago
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
surcharge from 30 years ago popped up 5 years ago in virginia due to insurance payment being late.payed reinstatement fee and argued cost down with trenton being i thought all this was paid when i was 17.Threw this into a bankruptcy $6500 ,5 years ago in va and lawyer said they might wash it away even though internet says that does not work .Have not heard from them since but moving to fla in 2 months and i have to renew my licence aug 1st.DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD CHECK ON MY LICENCE STATUS IN NJ OR WAIT UNTIL I MOVE TO TALLAHASSEE FL.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am a single father bringing my daughter to fla so she can attend fsu and will be renting a house and am scared they will not renew my licence and i will have a major issue on my hands.if i check now i may open the can of worms now.i had no idea i owed anything to new jersey from 30 years ago and they said they were tacking on interest and penalties
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. The site moderator has asked me to assist you as the attorney that was working with you opted out and decided not to continue working with you.
How did you learn that this was still pending?
You stated the BK attorney said it may be washed away, have you contacted that attorney?
I would like to assist you. Can you answer my questions as stated above?