Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I just got a call from a Richard J Thomas saying that my

Customer Question

Hi I just got a call from a Richard J Thomas saying that my number was pulled from a raffle that I have no idea about. So he would like me to send a $ 300 money gram to a Howard Thomas in Bronx NY
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Yes I have 2 more that have been bothering me. A Mr. ***** ***** from Jamaica and a Mr. James Maxy from Las Vegas.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi -my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
This is likely a scam if you didn't enter into any raffle. The best thing you can do is discontinue any communications with these people as they're likely trying to obtain information about your checking account or your credit card information.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Before you do anything further, you should contact your state attorney general's consumer protection office, report the call and information, and let them investigate the matter. If this is a scheme, they'll likely be aware of it.