TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I'm Canadian I purchased a truck camper from an americain by

Customer Question

I'm Canadian I purchased a truck camper from an americain by pictures and also info provided by seller. It was misrepresented as has many issues I already paid all up front and went 4 months later to pick up the camper and told the seller you have misrepresented your camper
His rep^ly was I told you everything and small fix es needed,,but he did say after a small talk with him that he had an estimate done several years ago and this small simple fix is now a 1000.00$ + job Can I sue him as went to all my time and travel plus purchasinging other accessories to take it back to Canada
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Yes, you can sue the seller, and if you can prove that he misrepresented the camper then you may win money damages for an amount needed to fix the camper, or an outright refund. Unfortunately, you'd need to sue him in Michigan since the Canadian courts would have no jurisdiction over the seller. Moreover, it is unlikely that you'd be able to get reimbursed for your time and travel expenses. I'm sorry to say that those irritations and expenses would be considered on you since you sought out the seller in Michigan. In other words, you could have avoided the travel expenses and much of the lost time by purchasing a camper near your home in Canada. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.