Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

I had my vehicle repossesed last week.. as the repo truck

Customer Question

I had my vehicle repossesed last week.. as the repo truck was leaving I was able to take pictures of some damage done not only to the vehilce they took but my drive way and gate. I called the company and send them the pictures they said they would call me back and have not done so is there anyqthing I can do?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: such as?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. They would be legally responsible for the damage done to your driveway and gate and if they don't respond then you can sue them for that under the cause of action known as negligence.As to the damage to the car you may be able to recover for that as well. I say "may" because their agreement with the lienholder/creditor may have a waiver or exemption for them if any damage occurs to the vehicle during the repo process. Regardless, you would still sue them for it and they can assert that as a defense if it applies.