Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I am a breeder of purebred cats i sold a kitten with my

Customer Question

I am a breeder of purebred cats i sold a kitten with my health guarantee. the buyer denied waiting for me to get the Fl vet certificate. the kitten checked out at the buyers vet as healthy. Hillsborough county animal control has served criminal charges on my. i have th e MIP papers filled out for that program but see on line it is lengthy and not that cheap. i am 75 yrs and this year have received my only traffic ticket in my life. going to anger management classes is something i dont think is a solution for this.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
are you asking if you have a claim? what specifically can I answer? thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
should i go thru the MIP program or have a lawyer fight the charge
I would not go through program but rather have a lawyer negotiate for you, threatening legal action
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i contacted several lawyers offices but they did not cover this type of charge. they referred me tot consumer advocates..?? i am also being harassed by the animal control officer because i am a senior and a breeder. The officer has stated to me that she does not believe anyone should be allowed to breed animals when the pound has so many needing adoption,
You can involve the attorney general office and the BBB. You may also involve a consumer protection lawyer.A site that is very good for finding someone locally to represent is and
Kindly rate me positively.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what would be the price range for a lawyer for this type of case
Expect a retainer of around $1250-$1500
hourly rate of $200 would be reasonable.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that is way out of my reachability... woulld the $200 per hour be for time in court and time setting things up?
It would be for prep time and court time. You may find someone cheaper or even on a flat or success fee! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.