MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

In Colorado, I have collision insurance older suv -

Customer Question

In Colorado, I have collision insurance for an older suv - 2000 ford. I was damaged by a ticketed driver, and need $2700 to repair 2 doors, but otherwise it runs fine and I want to keep it.
I am told by my insurance company that I can salvage it, be paid $2200, but would never be able to insure it again. My question is, why can't I at least have liability insurance for my repaired car?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. The insurance company is not permitting you to continue to have liability insurance on the vehicle because they have determined the vehicle to be unsafe after the accident and will not agree to insure the vehicle unless the repairs are made. For this reason and due to the vehicle's age, it may not be feasible to make the repairs. That is why the insurance company is offering you the salvage option as your best option. You could try to find another insurance company that would be willing to issue you a policy insuring the vehicle in its current condition, but that would be difficult to do. I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.