Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My bank approved a fraudulent check in my business account.

Customer Question

My bank approved a fraudulent check in my business account. Prior to that i called them and emailed them expressing my concern of its authenticity. i explained why and what i was going to do concerning withdrawing the money from this particular check and could they confirm its authenticity. they checked it they approved it. a week later I was informed the account the check was transfered from had insufficient funds and my account was now in the negative. what rights do I have? and do they have the right to just close that account while its being investigated.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.As to the question, "do they have the right to close the account" the answer to that is "yes". If you look back over the paperwork you signed with the bank it allows them to close the account for any reason they choose to close it.