Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

A green card lottery in new York had withdraw 1500 us dollars

Customer Question

A green card lottery in new York had withdraw 1500 us dollars from my credit card by force of well when I reported the transaction with my bank for not needing there services they indicated that the amount was charged back to my card and thy don't possess the money any longer and they can't help I send them a email to verify they don't respond and I have all the documents that I told them from the same day they drow the amount that I don't need there services
It is not logic that I be forced for something
I don't need
Can I make a legal issue regarding this and force them to change back my visa card
Thanks for your answer
Maher khashoggi ***@******.***
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would have to sue the company in small claims court where they are located. If they took money they were not entitled to take from you, then you need to go to the court in the city/town where the company is located and file suit in the small claims court there against them. Before you do so, you need to read the agreement you had with this company and read their cancellation policy, since once you made an agreement with them you do not have an automatic 3 day right to cancel under NY law for this type of contract agreement (contrary to many non-lawyers who think they have 3 days to cancel everything they agree to).
Your suit would be against the company, not your visa card. If you filed a fraudulent charge claim with your visa credit card company and they denied your claim, you have to sue the company who charged your card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live outside the states I never had an agreement signed with them the had old information of my name but I didn't fill there application and I sent them an email when I noticed my card was charged that I don't need there services
Since the caller told me he has to get my visa no in order the application can be opened and the call was recorded from them in 1 of Dec 2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all correspondence if your office can look at it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In order for them to submit Tha the charged back my card as they claim
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry to hear that. So, your recourse would be that you would have to get yourself an attorney in the city where they are located to sue them to get your money returned if your credit card company will not return it.
We can look at the agreement you had with them, but please understand that we cannot represent you from this service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can represent me for this service
I appreciate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had no agreement with them the applicant can apply for the services
Thank you for your reply.
The law in the United States forbids any attorney on this site from representing you, I am very sorry but we have to follow state laws and this is explained to customers when they post questions. I sincerely ***** ***** that was confusing to you, but I thank you for understanding and respecting that law.
If you had no agreement with this company then you will need to get an attorney in the city where this company is located in the United States and you can get one at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live out side the uninted state
Thank you for your reply.
I understood you live outside of the US, the sites I gave you would let you pick an attorney in the city and state where that company is located so the attorney can file suit on your behalf without you having to come to the US and they can help you recover your money.