Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

My name is ***** ***** i went to a car dealer ,to buy a

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** i went to a car dealer ,to buy a car they ran my credit and it wasn't good so i had to get a singner,witch is my sister in law,they said the same thing to her,but they use her anyway' they ask her to pay what I have, I gave them 4,000 dollars ,after that they maid her sing without me singning, also they told her to tell the bank if they ask her ,How much she paid to say she paid a thousand dollars only.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Based on what you are saying, it sounds like the dealer put the car in your sister's name because your credit was not good enough and your sister in law's credit was better. However, lying on a loan application and her claiming she only paid $1000 is fraud and that is grounds to void the contract. This sounds like a yo-yo financing scam and it is an unfair and deceptive business practices and you need to tell the dealer that you want to cancel and you want a refund of your $4000 or you will report them to the NY Attorney General Consumer Protection Unit and also the NY DMV Dealer Licensing Unit for their unfair and deceptive business practices and filling out a false loan application for your sister in law.
If they refuse to cancel and refund your money, then file your complaints, as it is not proper to lie on the application for the loan and what they are doing is a common unfair and deceptive practice.