TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I opened a CC account with Barclay last July. The account was

Customer Question

I opened a CC account with Barclay last July. The account was associated to frontier airlines and was promised 40k miles after $500 and additional miles based upon purchases. The miles were never deposited. I escalated in January 2016. Barclay stated the miles were deposited and closed the case. This did not reflect on the account. I escalated again in May. A case file was opened and they stated they had been depositing all of the miles to the wrong account. For about three weeks the case has gone back and forth between Barclay and Frontier. Each time the time to resolution keeps getting longer. Initially it was 5 days, then two weeks, and now 30-60 days. Barclay states that they owe me 59k in miles. Am I able to do anything to get them to actually follow through on their commitment without getting the ran in circles and timelines continually moving to the right? Are there any legal options that I can take to either expedite or be compensated for the time and frustration of their failed commitments?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Q: Am I able to do anything to get them to actually follow through on their commitment without getting the ran in circles and timelines continually moving to the right?A: If they refuse to voluntarily give you the miles, then you can sue them for breach of contract. In court, you'll need to prove that you complied with your requirements in the contract, and that they did not. But the truth is that suing would be far more of a headache than continuing to escalate. I would only sue as an absolute last resort when it becomes apparent that they will never voluntarily come through on their promise. Q: Are there any legal options that I can take to either expedite or be compensated for the time and frustration of their failed commitments?A: You can sue for your actual financial losses that directly resulted from their failure to meet their obligations. But I'm sorry to say that you would not win compensation for your time and frustration. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!