Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in Consumer Protection law, in particular construction law and auto repo law
20355756

If the seller of a Landscape trailer wants to reposses it.

Customer Question

If the seller of a Landscape trailer wants to reposses it. do I....Get my money back that I paid. I did not pay it off totally. Trailer was $3000 and I Paid $1600... Do I get my Money back? or some portion of t?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---The laws of repossession give the lender the right to sell the trailer to the highest bidder at auction or by other reasonable means. Once sold, the remainder of your loan to them is paid with the sale proceeds and then if there is anything left over after your loan is paid off, they must send that money to you. It works the same way as an automobile loan and repossession. -Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle, or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above. THANK YOU VERY MUCH-MARY