Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I have a warranty I purchased when I bought my used RV. They

Customer Question

I have a warranty I purchased when I bought my used RV. They are fighting about repairs. They want to pay for a piecemeal repair of my "aquahot" system when the repair shop and the manufacturer says that is not an appropriate way to do it. The whole thing needs to be replaced. The repair shop refuses to go against what the manufacturer suggests. It's a "bumper to bumper" policy. What can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.
1. Did the warranty company read out any language from the policy that they are relying on to support only a piecemeal repair? If so, can you upload the policy for us to view and point out that section? 2. Also look at the policy and see if it has any procedures about what to do in case there is a dispute. In other words, it may provide for binding arbitration or give you an option to go to court. What does it say in this regard?