Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

A customer wants to sue salon on ° burn. Three weeks

Customer Question

A customer wants to sue salon on for 2nd° burn. Three weeks later she ask for salon insurance. I have a braider stylist who provided a braid service for her. She went to dip the braids in hot water. The girl jump up. It hit her back the water. We ask several times was she ok. She came back three weeks later saying she have 2nd degree burn. What should I do. My worker responsible or the salon. The worker rents a booth.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. You need to contact your insurance company if you have not done so already. This is exactly the type of situation for which you have the insurance. In these situations both the individual braider and the salon will be defendants in any lawsuit that the customer may bring. The customer's attorney is going to be looking to sue everyone who may have funds. They call this the "Deep Pocket." That will be the salon. The good news is that there are valid defenses that may benefit you. By jumping up as she did the cusrtomer may have been negligent also and may be fully or partially responsible for the accident. This may mean that you will have no or only partial liability. So you want to work with the attorney the insurance company obtains to defend this. Also these cases almost always settle. So please do not be too anxious about this. Contact the insurance company and get the name and number of the attorney they assign the case to. (Please note the insurance company may decide to settle this in house without using outside counsel.) I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.