Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

I am trying to find out how to get my daughter a power wheelchair, she is in a skilled nur

Customer Question

I am trying to find out how to get my daughter a power wheelchair, she is in a skilled nursing facility, has been in a power chair since age 18. She has cerebral palsey, and is paranoid schizophrenia, and biplor disorder. She has been in a tilt chair for 5 years and that needs to be replaced at the end of this year.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 6 months ago.
Hello JennyI suggest you can review this link from the Dept of Justice on ADA regulations. It appears from the guidelines and your description of her disability that Your daughter should NOT be denied the right to use the wheelchair. I suggest you may want to contact the ADA for any further assistance once you have reviewed the link.