Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My dog was injured at a national pet store chain in their

Customer Question

My dog was injured at a national pet store chain in their grooming department. He required emergency surgery and is still recovering. I've missed work and made numerous trips to the vet. Can I recover any damages?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Yes, you can sue for damages based on the negligence of the grooming department. This could include any vet bills you've incurred, lost wages for having to miss work and pain and suffering. You should consult a local lawyer about issuing a demand letter to the store first, and if that doesn't settle things, you can pursue your claim through court.