Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I lone my stepdourght the car to drive her mother to the doctor

Customer Question

I lone my stepdourght the car to drive her mother to the doctor officer mother died and stepdauther want return it
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Now not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Icelean looneyi let her use the car now she won't return it I don't know where she live but in kansa city erea
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. When you loan a person your car for a specific purpose and they refuse to return it, the refusal to return the car is called a "Conversion" under the law. Conversion is a form of theft and is a crime. You can report the car as stolen to the police. That is the fastest and least expensive way for you to get the car back. Here is a link to the law: I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald