Chris T. JD
Chris T. JD, Lawyer
Experience:  I have assisted many customers and clients with their landlord-tenant legal issues.

I was involved in an accident when I pulled my car out of the

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident when I pulled my car out of the garage and hit my son's car parked behind me. It did not seem like much damage. He was unable to take it to a body shop for 45 days and then got an estimate for $1500. Will it be a problem with dmv if the accident is reported now, as it was not clear that the property damage was this high initially.
JA: Estate law can seem daunting, but getting accurate information now can save you headaches down the road. The attorneys we work with have a lot of experience, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: this involved traffic and vehicle laws
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no- just what I typed- although it appears that your web page had the exact same question as I asked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Chris T. JD replied 5 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Was this accident on your private property?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
did you receive my answer to your question? are you answering?
OK. In that case, it is not a concern for the DMV. You only get points on your license for traffic tickets, and the like. In this case, you backed into a car on private property, which is not a crime and could not result in a ticket. As such, there is no need to report this to the DMV.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go.