Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Pearl, JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: Regretfully !! I said yes to a Merchant Business Account business supposedly firsttrend merchant Services. I paid $15,000 for calls to be made to merchants to save them credit card fees. The cost was to be for a list of 7000 for their sales people to contact. I have received 7 telephone calls from other companies to "assist me with my on line business". They had a website in above name listing. It is no longer on line. I also checked domain name status and that was put up for sale in January. They also had me pay for "a license" for them to be able to call in WI. I wrongly gave then my credit card no's for them to use to pay the amounts previously noted. I have called them repeatedly at the numbers where I had previously talked with representatives (whom I checked on line for their validity and found
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: info so assumed they were legit. When credit cards were used they used different "business" names for the payment. After numerous calls and leaving multiple messages I received no response to my requested call back. Would it be beneficial for me to give you those names and telephone numbers? I do not even know the state the "business" was located, nor do I have a copy of the "contract I signed or a receipt for the license I paid for.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Fraud Examiner about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello, What is your question with regard to this? How long ago did you pay with your credit card? Please give me the website for First Trend Merchant Services and others, even though they may no longer be online.