Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I gave a lawyer 1900 to represent me in a file 11 case in January

Customer Question

I gave a lawyer 1900 to represent me in a file 11 case in January and to date he has not taken this case to court what should i do
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Are you referring to a chapter 11 bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chapter 11
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the information. The best course of action is usually to first go to the lawyer and try to talk about any issues and then get the case filed. If that doesn't work, the next option would be to demand a return of your money and seek a new lawyer to help you with this. If the lawyer will not return your money, then you may have to file a bar complaint against him to get anything accomplished.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Hopefully, a consult with your lawyer will result in him moving on your case and getting the petition filed.