Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A church had a truck asking price $200.a buyer came and agreed

Customer Question

a church had a truck asking price $200.a buyer came and agreed to buy it.called the seller for title and was told to hold on to money,had to check with previous owner for title...someone else showed the truck to a friend set a higher price sold it to the friend. can that be done?
JA: As the workhorses of our country's automotive industry, trucks are a very big deal, and getting accurate information is always key. First off, since laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Huh?
Customer: we live in wis
JA: Fortunately, the attorneys we work with have a lot of experience in consumer protection, and I'd like to match you with the one who's the best fit. Is there anything else you want them to know?
Customer: once you have a buyer can you take and show it to a new person and agree to sell it to the second buyer?Then,call the first person to inform him that they would be selling it to the second person at a higher price.
JA: Ok. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not a practicing lawyer.graduated with law degree in Wisc practiced for several years.married and moved out of state, been just a stay at home wife and mother for last ten years .
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Do I understand correctly that there was a contract (offer and acceptance) to sell the truck to one party and then it was offered to another party?