Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I"ve been scammed but the money is stil in the bank but it's

Customer Question

I"ve been scammed but the money is stil in the bank but it's all I have and I'm on disability....what do I do
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.Please provide me with all the details related to your situation in question and the scam, so I can better understand it?Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I applied for a loan online found one got a contract sent it back I got money in my account as soon as it was available they called and said they needed it back because someone had done the transaction wrong...I said no basically because I had already paid bills with so they said the would settle for 30000 out of the 50 they gave me and give the rest to me on monday. I talked to a lawyer he said they will never give me the rest of the money and declare a fraudulent wire so Ill lose everything. I'm trying to think of anything to do with that money.....It was a loan I had a payment schedule....I'm on disability
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I'm screwed I'm done.....literally
Thank you for your follow up.Who wired you the money?Was it a bank or a financial institution or did the people who wired you the money, scammed another person to wire you the money as part of the scam?Please explain.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no It wasnt an institution though the said it was and the account they set up in my bank had a title but you can tell it isn't real. They asked me to send money either to bank of american or to people in different states via moneygram. The name was Performance First Savings
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My wife has breast cancer and I needed a cash infusion because my credit wasn't good
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no I'm sorry performance first is an account my bank has didn't know it
Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, if you were used in a criminal Scam, the money that were transferred to your bank, are likely a fraudulent transfer and the entire amount would have to be returned to the victim who was defrauded and such situation should generally be reported to the local FBI office and local police, otherwise, there is a great likelihood that someone in your position can be criminally charged as a participant in this serious criminal scam.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.