Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

Doctors code of ethics with a patient that being my partner

Customer Question

JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I don't know where to begin
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just found out that he made advances at her and kissed her in the office I found out like a week ago and this was going on for 2 yrs not to mention this same doctor did surgery on me. I find her at fault as well but as a professional you should not pray on weak minded people who suffer from depression and has been seeing a phychiatris for many years. I have some written communication that went back and forth
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Was that sufficient information?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: He would just need to see all the communications and how he wanted my partner to cover for him
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 5 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience including extensive experience in the regulation of health care professionals (including physicians). I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. I have been involved on writing regulations on this very topic and I have lectured nationally on thos topic through the Federation of Regulatory Boards. Each state regulates physicians. Usually they are regulated by the State Board of Medicine. Sometimes through the Department of Health. Nearly every state (if not every one) has adopted regulations that prohibit sexual contact between physicians and their patients. In most states Consent is not a defense. The Boards that I have been involved with take the issue of sexual exploitation of patients very seriously. Most of the Board members that I have worked with take the position that because of the power differential between patient and physician that the patient's consent is not a defense to the violation. You do not indicate which state that you are in. But I am confident that if you contact your state Board and file a complaint they will take this issue seriously. The complaint does not need to come from the patient. Also very often the physician is engaging in this conduct with multiple patients and once the investigation begins the other patients will come forward. Here is the AMA's policy guidance on this issue, which mirrors the regulations in most states: I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald
I am shutting down for the night and will be unavailable most of tomorrow. I will check tomorrow morning to see if you had a follow up question and will respond. But I will be on the road tomorrow and will not be able to respond again until Saturday evening. Kind regards,Gerald