KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.

My discover card account has been turned over to zwicker

Customer Question

Hi, my discover card account has been turned over to zwicker & associate
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: OK, lost my job several years ago and have not been able to make payments. So several days ago the acct was turned over to zwicker. Real question is how long it'll take them to file a judgement and do they have to notify me before judgement is filed. Also do they have a obligation to try to collect before they file a judgement. One more thing, average time it takes case to go to docete. Thanks
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. Thanks for your time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 5 months ago.
I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If the case has been turned over they will first likely send you a demand notice and attempt to collect and settle with you. After repeated attempts and their opinion that you will not pay or settle they can sue you. They will have to file a complaint and you will get served and be given a chance to respond and defend this. Then, the judge will decide and if they find in their favor they will obtain a judgment.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.