LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have more than 25 years experience in the legal profession.

In the state of ohio do consumers have the right to cancel

Customer Question

in the state of ohio do consumers have the right to cancel a contract within three days of a contract /purchase as a co signer for a motor cycle dealership if not what are my options as a cosigner to void contract
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The 3 day cooling off period you refer to is federal law, not state law, and applies only to door to door sales of items not related to the care or maintenance of your home. The act of co-signing for a motorcycle dealership is not covered under the federal law. In terms of getting out of a legally binding contract, you really have few options. The contract was valid upon your signing as the co-signor and guarantor of the loan/sale. The only way to avoid the co-signor obligation at this point in time would be for your to file bankruptcy and have that obligation discharged. I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug