Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Ms. Pearl Wilson,JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need

Customer Question

Hello Ms. Pearl Wilson,
JA: The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No!
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I just have a Question. Irwin Home Equity Loans desolved all business in May 2008. Are they required by the Truth and Lending Act, FDCPA or any other Law to inform payee of the debt of any transfers of the loan.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Real Estate Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes!
JA: What else should I tell the Real Estate Lawyer?
Customer: If GreenTreen begins sending statements over a year later without inform transfer of loan to them. Is this legal. How am I protected under the FDCPA
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
In some of the papers that you signed during the closing, you gave the lender the authorization to transfer or assign your loan to another lender/servicer. The lender does not have to inform you of the transfer. However, after the transfer you supposed to receive new payment information from the transferee and assignee. There is no violation of any law for the lender doing this. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.