Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I'VE WON $950,000 2ND PRIZE IN THE AMERICAN

Customer Question

I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT I'VE WON $950,000 2ND PRIZE IN THE AMERICAN SWEEPSTAKE NETWORK...FUNDS COMING FROM WORLD BANK GROUP.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO PAY 1% OF THE TOTAL ( $9.500.) TO COVER
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: CA LEGAL REGISTATION. IS THIS A SCAM? thank you!!!
JA: Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: MY FIRST CALL WAS FROM ***** ***** AT THE NATIONAL REGISTRATION BOARD TO TELL ME I HAD WON AND DID I WANT TO PROCEED?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY A SCAM!!!. YOU HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING. They are operating off shore and there is no suybh person as ***** ***** or a "National Registration Board". The key to phone and on/line scams is that you have to send them money to "process" your winnings. I can assure you that whatever money you send them will be lost to you. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING TO CONTACT US FIRST. MANY PEOPLE DON'T, AND THE SCAMMERS MAKE MILLIONS OFF OF THEM. Many types of scams may be check out on Snopes.com. Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive. AND THANKS FOR USING JUST ANSWER.
Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.