LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have more than 25 years experience in the legal profession.
15277592

I received a counterfeit $100 bill through a money transfer.

Customer Question

I received a counterfeit $100 bill through a money transfer. My bank confiscated the note during my deposit transaction and gave me a report to take to the retailer. The store states there is nothing they can do without getting the original bill back. What else can I do to get the $100 returned?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon Joyce,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The bank cannot legally give the counterfeit bill back to you. That is why they gave you the report. If the business will not compensate you for your loss, then you will want to sue the business in small claims court to collect what is owed you. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug