Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Vantage wants to issue me vouchers but I would prefer a cash

Customer Question

Vantage wants to issue me vouchers but I would prefer a cash settlement. Do I have the right to refuse vouchers? We are talking about $8800.
I was forced to file a claim with Tripmate Insurance for canceling a trip because I did not receive my Passport- Visa from a company (Genvisa) in time for my trip to SA.Vantage deluxe travel advised me to use this company to obtain a Brazilian visa. They had 3 months to process this Visa for me. I have registered mail receipt dated 1/27/16 when it was received by Genvisa. Genvisa kept promising me that they would have it in time. The day before I was leaving 5/1/16, they inform me the Visa would not be ready in time for my trip. I was advised to file a claim by Vantage. I have "Cancel for any reason insurance" but the settlement will be vouchers and I prefer to be paid in cash for the $8800 that I paid Vantage. They are also deducting the $800 I paid for insurance, leaving me with $8000. Can I fight Vantage in court for a cash repayment or will be forced to settle for the vouchers to travel with Vantage travel?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.
You do not need to accept vouchers, which amount to credit and have less value than money, which can be spent elsewhere. company will always try for credits/vouchers, but you have the right to seek money which can be used with them or otherwise.
I trust that is fast and clear. Please let me know.
Kindly rate the answer positively.