Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Vantage wants to issue me vouchers but I would prefer a cash

Customer Question

Vantage wants to issue me vouchers but I would prefer a cash settlement. Do I have the right to refuse vouchers? We are talking about $8800.
I was forced to file a claim with Tripmate Insurance for canceling a trip because I did not receive my Passport- Visa from a company (Genvisa) in time for my trip to SA.Vantage deluxe travel advised me to use this company to obtain a Brazilian visa. They had 3 months to process this Visa for me. I have registered mail receipt dated 1/27/16 when it was received by Genvisa. Genvisa kept promising me that they would have it in time. The day before I was leaving 5/1/16, they inform me the Visa would not be ready in time for my trip. I was advised to file a claim by Vantage. I have "Cancel for any reason insurance" but the settlement will be vouchers and I prefer to be paid in cash for the $8800 that I paid Vantage. They are also deducting the $800 I paid for insurance, leaving me with $8000. Can I fight Vantage in court for a cash repayment or will be forced to settle for the vouchers to travel with Vantage travel?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.
You do not need to accept vouchers, which amount to credit and have less value than money, which can be spent elsewhere. company will always try for credits/vouchers, but you have the right to seek money which can be used with them or otherwise.
I trust that is fast and clear. Please let me know.
Kindly rate the answer positively.