How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56068
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not receive a car deposit from an auto dealer JA: OK.

Customer Question

I did not receive a car deposit from an auto dealer
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have not yet consulted any lawyer yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I found an Ebay ad for a car online and it asked for a $500 deposit to hold the vehicle, but after the car inspection, i decided not to purchase the vehicle. but the car dealer said car deposit is not refundable, but that was never mentioned. Now they have sold the car to someone else and even though i am not interested in buying a car from them. i want my $500 back
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: not that i can think of right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
what can I answer about the car deposit?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking for options to get the deposit back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes what are my options to get my $500 deposit back
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
A few options. small claims court is the most practical. Second, threaten that options. Third, threaten/pursue complaint with the attorney general office and the BBB which may prompt return of the funds.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Please click on a positive rating.