Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

What action will toll statue of limitation in a consumer protection

Customer Question

What action will toll statue of limitation in a consumer protection case in kansas
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. A statute of limitations is tolled if the person with the right to bring the case is a minor when the cause of action arises, if the person is imprisoned, or if they're mentally incapable of filing a lawsuit. Kan. Stat., Section 60-515. The statute is also tolled if a minor or incapacitated plaintiff passes away before the statute of limitations runs. It's also tolled if the person to be sued moves out of state under Section 60-517. When the statute of limitations is approaching and a person needs more time, they have the ability to file a very simple Complaint to preserve the right to bring a cause of action and then amend it later. The original complaint just needs to be a short and plain statement of the facts giving rise to the lawsuit and what relief the plaintiff is seeking. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.