CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I think I made a bad car dealers, reasons: 1. I bought

Customer Question

I think I made a bad car dealers, for 2 reasons: 1. I bought a brand new car, after traded in my car that was 4 month old, because it was involved in an accident. Theven dealer could not find a car with 19" at their or other dealerships , so I asked them to swap the new car tires, 18" for my old car 19", since I was buying the same make and model car. In switching the tires, I notice after I drove away in the new car, that 3 of the wheels alloyed cover had 1 or 2 chips near lub nuts are installed. My question to you is, is my car consider new with used tires that has 8700 miles on it?
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: 2. I bought the extended warranty 8 yrs/120,000 that is not addition to the factory warranty 4yrs/50,000. Can I cancel the extended warranty? I just purchased the car yesterday?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation.Unfortunately, there is no "cooling off period" for purchasing a vehicle. This means that once you bought the car (including the warranty) you cannot cancel the contract.The only exceptions would be: If the contract you signed has an express cancellation period (some dealers do provide this, giving the buyer 3-5 days to cancel the contract if they are not satisfied - but this is something that is done only by dealer discretion and only applies if it is actually in your written contract, it is not a general legal right).The dealer has made a fraudulent statement of fact (misrepresented something important about the vehicle that you cannot easily see - such as concealing a past accident).The tires that you asked to be placed on the vehicle do not make the car "used" the vehicle itself is still "new" - but this distinction is not really a legal distinction rather it is a description of the vehicle based on the amount of wear and tear on the vehicle itself.If the dealer damaged your rims, you can ask them to repair or compensate you for that damage. If they refuse to make it right, you can file a BBB complaint or take them to small claims (what course of action you take is going to be based on how much the cost of repair is to you).