Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

I've been sued by Northern Leasing Systems Co! They forged a

Customer Question

I've been sued by Northern Leasing Systems Co! They forged a Contract from Verifone Bankcard Co and took money from my Bank Account over 3 years ago. I realized it after my divorce. I contacted My Ex- husband about money charged to the bank account and he wasn't aware of it. I contacted the Bank and found out it was Northern Leasing systems Inc. Since my Ex husband handled all the bills I wasn't aware that they had been taking the money. Once I was aware they said I signed a contract. I said send it to me because I knew I didn't! They sent it and it wasn't my signature! I called a Mr Martinez from the collection agency and informed him of the forgery. He sent me forms to fill out sign and fax back to him. I did verifying the signature was forged. Once he received it I waited for his call but with no avail! I called him and he stated he received it but was waiting for an answer. I waited and waited then called him back and he said they refused my information!!! What?? How can they refuse FORGERY? He said " There's nothing I can do but request you to send in 2,971.32 to the address below within 10 days!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well first of all Northern Leasing Systems Inc wasn't the Company I was in contract with... It was VMS Velocity Merchant Services. 3051 Oak Grove Rd 2nd Floor Downers Grove IL 60515 phone(###) ###-####the machine is Verifone Nurit 8029 Wireless Manual Batch. Merchant : 000274700107718 I never heard of a Northern Leasing Systems Inc until I was closing a checking Account and realized that (I believe it was) $66 debited by account. I questioned the amount with my Bank Citibank and after they did research they gave me the name Northern Leasing Systems Inc. along with a phone number. I called to inquire about the charges and they said the charges were for Insurance on the machine. I told them I didn't give anyone permission to debit my account for insurance and it was illegal. They said I signed a contract! I requested a copy of this alleged contract and when I received it. It was Clearly not my signature! A forgery!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I never would've agreed to such a thing! I just started a home base business Ardyss International Life. A health and wellness Co and wasn't profited enough to be charged over a $100 dollars a month for the Credit Card Machine.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
I understand your facts and have heard similar complaints about this company before. Is there a specific question with which I could assist?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you direct me to someone who can assist me? I don't need someone to conversate with I NEED legal advise! I see already paid for someone to just talk too!
If you are looking for an attorney to represent you then the best place to look is and under the area of practice enter Civil Litigation.While all the experts on here have litigation experience our agreement with the website prohibits us from representing customers. The experts here do more than just "have conversations" and many of us, myself included, have had more legal experience than most lawyers you can hire to represent you.