TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

Traded vehicles. Have signed bill of sale, he wants his car

Customer Question

Traded vehicles. Have signed bill of sale, he wants his car back. Can I get bonded title or sue for title?
Submitted: 5 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Yes, you are exactly right. If you have a bill of sale, then you may enforce it. Accordingly, you can refuse to return the car, and instead, file a lawsuit demanding the title. Based on what you wrote, you would win the lawsuit since an exchange of title is implicit in any car sale. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!